How to find a job as a private driver?
If you are thinking of becoming a driver, knowing where to find a job as a private driver is crucial for defining your career and achieving your goals.
Becoming a driver offers several employment possibilities. On the one hand, there are those who are looking for a job as an employee of a Hire With Driver company. On the other hand, there are those who would like to work as a freelancer or as a company owner.
The good news is that there are opportunities to work as a private driver as an employee or self-employed. Let’s see together how to find a job as a driver and where to start in this profession.
Private driver: duties and responsibilities
The PHV driver is an expert in planning itineraries for his customers and managing transfers and trips. His task is to accompany customers to their desired destination, taking care of the passengers’ well-being and safety.
The main responsibilities of a driver are:
- The management of the entire route. The driver will manage each journey for the customer, determining the routes to be taken to arrive at the destination in the shortest possible time;
- The care of the passengers. A good driver will know how to communicate with his customers and ensure that the journey is comfortable;
- The maintenance of the vehicle. A driver will also be responsible for periodic checks on the vehicle to keep passengers safe.
How can a private driver work?
A driver can work:
- As an employee. There are companies or cooperatives that offer different types of contracts to those who aspire to become employed private drivers;
- As self-employed. By opening a VAT number, you can decide to work for one or more rental companies or manage your own clients independently;
- As a company. You will be able to launch a driver hire company and manage relations with customers, your fleet and other driver partners.
There is no right or wrong decision: the choice depends on your needs and expectations of the job.
Where to find a job as a driver?
If you are looking for a job as a driver, there are several ways to find work:
- Employment agencies;
- Industry groups;
Let’s see together how to benefit from each of these channels.
One way to find a job as a private driver is to rely on an agency. There are several employment agencies in each European country. Some agencies may have a special focus on mobility jobs: in this case, turning to an agency will help you find work as an employee in other companies.
Job search websites can also be an important support for finding private hire driving jobs.
On the web you can find job offers for both employees and professionals. The most important sites for finding jobs are:
By typing keywords such as “private driver” in the search bar of these sites, you can view active offers and details on how to apply.
Another way to find a job as a driver is to join industry networks or social groups. In these groups you will find specific job advertisements and you can create relationships with other professionals, expanding your network.
Word of mouth is one of the most effective tools for finding a job: developing a network and meeting more people can help you increase your opportunities.
Self-employed advertising is a very useful way to build your market positioning and find new customers. Both self-employed people and owners of chauffeur-driven hire companies can use advertising to enhance their reputation and attract customers.
Specifically, the most common forms of advertising for a driver can be:
- A website;
- One or more social channels, such as Facebook or Instagram;
- Advertising campaigns on Meta, LinkedIn or Google;
- Offline advertising activities such as network curation and posters.
How to grow with LiMO?
LiMO is the largest driver community in the world. By joining LiMO, you can grow your business, acquire new customers and optimise the management of your business.
Through a network of over 5000 drivers, you will be able to share your surplus rides with other professionals, applying your own markup. In addition, you will be able to simplify the management of customers, invoicing and services through the LiMO management software.
Finally, you can join our Academy to expand your knowledge and improve your business.
To join LiMO, start here.